Proposal: Kickball365 "Event Seeding Committee" (2013)
Purpose: The 10-member committee would be responsible for selecting, seeding, and managing Pool Play placement for all teams who attend a Circuit Event on the National Tour. Note, the Committee would not be responsible for seeding The Circuit Cup Championship.
Members: The Committee would be comprised of 10 selected members. This would include 7 selected "Region Experts" from each of The Circuit's defined "Regions" (page 3 on The Structure of the Circuit"), a rotating position for the active "Event Manager" (1), a rotating position "group vote" of all Team Captains for that Circuit Event (1), and a Kickball365 Executive Member (1). The 7 selected "Region Experts" would be selected by the Kickball365 Executive Team with feedback from the Community before FEB 2013.
1) A week before the Circuit Event, Committee Members will be asked to vote on Starting Seeds for the teams attending the said Circuit Event.
2) The Starting Seed vote will have two days to complete.
3) Following the vote, the Committee (minus the Team Captains "group vote") will discuss the Starting Seeds results submitted to evaluate seedings proposed from the vote.
4) Working with the Executive Team member and the Event Manager, the Committee will complete the task to assign Pools for the Circuit Event.
5) All Circuit Event Pool Placement and Seedings would then be made public by the Wednesday prior to the Event for Community release. No changes would be allowed once the Committee releases the Pools & Seeds.
- To avoid a potential conflict of interest, committee members must not be included in the discussion when their own Team is being discussed.
- The Committee would be asked to use a number of factors to place teams. We would encourage all Committee Members to include previous/current Circuit Event record, strength of schedule from past Events, the Kickball365 Power Poll (Expert & Fan feedback), and a team's overall performance in recent events
- Regional protection would no longer be used at Circuit Events when seeding Teams in Pools.
- The Committee and the Community should recognize that seeding teams using Starting Seed only in this fashion may be seen as unfair. The Committee recognizes the seeding process is an inexact science.