Last weeks games made it incredibly difficult to rank the top 5 this week. I'm sure there will be quite a bit of contention over this but really if you think about it you could almost put any of these teams in any 5 spots based on what's happened through 2 weeks.
1. Sleeve Monsters - Sure they lost last week but it was to a very good team that plays good teams well. Nothing to be ashamed of there and in my opinion they still have the most overall talent and speed of any team in the league. They just need to need to keep their head down and play smart. It won't take much at all to drop them down though if they don't bounce right back.
(prev - 1, no change)
2. O.F. - impressive play without 2 of their better players last week. They're really only hanging onto this spot by a thread though and they're really going to have to keep up that high level of play if they want to hold onto it.
(prev - 3, +1)
3. Brocery Bags - Just like I said, the Brocery Bags play to the of their competition. They went out last week and played tough against a tough team. There are still questions surrounding their consistency that keep from advancing any hire at this point. If they can prove that they can play like they did last week on a regular basis over the next several weeks then we may have a new top dog in the making.
(prev - 5, +2)
4. Blackout - Even though they're the lone team that has won all their games they're going to have to beat someone worth mentioning before I put them in the top 3.
(prev - 4, no change)
5. Scared Kickless - Call me crazy but I just don't think SK is as good as they have been the past few seasons. They lost too many of their top players and integral pieces from both sides of the ball. Now they stand just as good a chance of winning it all as any of these other 5 times but I think realistically they've peaked and are now at the precipice of their downswing. They gave up a lot of runs to and tied an O.F. team without their 2 best players which doesn't bode well.
(prev - 2, down 3)
6. Derelicte Our Balls - Putting up their first W after tying a strong BBags team the week before makes me think I may have underestimated my own team. They'll need to keep beating the easier teams on the schedule like they should. The next few weeks are mostly new teams and then the last 3 weeks of the season will give us a real idea of whether they are worthy of cracking the top 5.
(prev - 6, no change)
7. HOFNARs - Definitely a team you don't want to underestimate. They look like they can hang with most anyone.
(prev - 7, no change)
8. Alive & Kickin - They bounced back beautifully after their tough week 1 matchup. If they really want to make a statement they'll have to put up a good fight against a very dangerous brocery bags this week.
(prev - 10, up 2)
9. KIOS - Way to bounce back and beat up on your sibling team. Now beat some beat someone good if you really want to push towards the top. They'll have a solid opponent this week in Diesel Train. This is a chance to build up some steam for the season.
(prev - 8, down 1)
10.Three Kicks Mafia - Definitely a step back getting beaten pretty easily by a female heavy Alive & Kickin. A week 3 matchup against a strong looking O.F. team may end up being the start of a sophmore slump instead of their early predictions as a team to beware.
(prev - 9, down 1)
11. Pitches Be Crazy - They had a tough week 2 matchup against an undefeated Blackout. If they can pull off a W against the HOFNARs I think they'll prove themselves as a new team to look out for this season.
(prev - 11, no change)
12. Diesel Train - A tie in week 2 and putting up 7 runs is starting to show me something. Something to build on there.
(prev - 13, up 1)
13. Kick Tease - A much better showing this week but a tie against a new team isn't exactly worth bragging about either.
(prev - 12, down 1)
14. Kick Me Baby - They showed some solid gameplay last week but so far their offense has yet to score a run. They'll need to fix that if they want to move up.
(prev - 14, no change)
15. KINS - A full team of 26 hurts and a big game against Derelicte isn't going to help their cause much.
(prev - 15, no change)
16. My Couch Pulls Out - No change here. I know they tied lastweek but I'm told they may not understand the rules regarding lineups which should be corrected now.
(prev - 16, no change)